
They think they are cold in Texas - it is freezing down there today - maybe they would like to come visit me & find out what "cold" is. We got up to 20° today. It was 3° when I went to bed last night ( or this morning - it was about 2 a.m.). I used to hear the word powder used in reference to snow - now I know what it is. We can't build a snowman or have snow ball fights - you try to make a ball with a handful of snow & it falls apart. We thought it was gonna get warm enough last Friday to make it packable - & the kids were out of school & could have watched Andy make a cat creature - but it got to 30° then started getting colder. Maybe next week it will be warmer - a couple days are forecast, but that can change. My first winter here he made me a snow swan. The next winter I got a huge dragon. I'll post photos of them another post. Andy can't do anything easy though - anyone can make a snowman - he makes creations. Hopefully I will get one of them soon. We have had 88.9 inches of snow for the season already - we got the first snow on the Friday before Thanksgiving. We have gotten 24.6 inches in Jan. - so most of it so far has been in Dec. - they had a 20 in. blizzard a few days after I went to Texas. At night, before I go to bed I stand at the door - with the porch light on out on the deck, the wood & the grill sparkle like they are covered in glitter. It is cold, but it is so pretty too.

No comments:
Post a Comment