Saturday, January 24, 2009


I want to write again already to see if I can add a photo. This is Kwan Yin - the goddess of Mercy. I had one of these years ago, & it lost a hand & the head had to be glued back on. Bonnie liked her & wanted one too, so when I saw these in an antique store in Pennslvania in Nov. 2007, I got them. There was a pair - so I have one & Bonnie has this one. Mercy is the "gift" that I scored highest in at church a few years back, when they tested us. So she is the perfect figurine for me. I am trying to show mercy when I do things for these girls in the neighborhood. I showed mercy in my work at the hospital. I hope I will alwats be a merciful person. "Mercy" is a word I use often - the little girls make fun of me for it. Kenzie says - "mercy, ya'll " - to make fun of the Texan in me. That will never change - you can take a Texan out of the state - but you can't take the Texan out of a person.

1 comment:

  1. OMG these are gorgeous! I'm jealous. Welcome to the blogging life. It's a good way to keep in touch with people even if you don't get to talk to them often. Plus this way EVERYBODY gets to know all at once. Instead of telling everyone one at a time.

    I love your story about JoJo too.
    "Get back JoJo!"

    ReplyDelete